My friend T gave me this recipe – her son calls them “cookies”. Not only are they delish, but they are healthy (well, at least I think so!)
No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I increased the amount to 1 overflowing cup!)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (again, I increased the amount to keep the balls together – about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey (if the ball’s aren’t sticking well after their time in the fridge, I add more honey!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls.
I think T got the recipe from here.