No-Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
To die for…from everyone’s favorite – say what you want about her, but wow – these bars are great!
We devoured these bars like there was no tomorrow.
Makes 2 dozen (probably more…we didn’t count).
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 9 ounces chocolate wafers (about 40 wafers), finely ground (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 5 ounces (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the 2 long sides.
- Combine wafers, oats, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add chunky peanut butter and 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter, whisking until well combined. Add peanut butter mixture to wafer mixture, stirring until combined. Transfer to baking dish, and use the bottom of a measuring cup or an offset spatula to firmly press mixture into an even layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. (I got away with 15-20 minutes).
- Pour melted semisweet chocolate over chilled mixture and, using an offset spatula, spread into a thin layer that covers the entire surface. Refrigerate until hardened, at least 15 minutes. (Again – shorted to 7 minutes).
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter in a small saucepan until runny. Drizzle peanut butter over chilled chocolate. Drizzle melted milk chocolate over peanut butter. Refrigerate until hardened, about 15 minutes. (I actually forgot about these for about 1 hr…).
- Cut and serve! Repeat as necessary.