Sophia used a sleep sack last winter to stay warm and I wanted to make a new one for her this year. BTW, click on that link and go see how tiny she was! So cute!
I didn’t have a pattern, but I knew I wanted to make some adjustment to last year’s. So, I just kinda freehand made a sleep sack, cutting out the pieces and sewing it together.
The zipper was a pain. I had to use two zippers, since I totally messed up the first one. But I figured it out eventually. A sleep sack!
Hmmm, there seems to be a slight problem here…
A sleep sack that was too small for my very tall girl! Maybe some other lucky shorter kid will end up with this sack…
Oh well, time to make a real pattern and measure the kid. Again.
This time it turned out just right – perhaps even too long so she’ll have plenty of room to grow and stretch out!
Now she’ll stay warm at night and I won’t have to try and go in to recover her up!